Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Samaritan Woman

Who was this woman? Do you know anyone like her, I do she is me she is you. This woman had a pass, she was the woman that other women talked about. So if you read the story about her in John 4, then you know that she came to the well in the 6th hour alone. Why do you think that she waited until then to come and draw water from the well? Could it have been because she was trying to avoid all the other women.




How many times have we made a comment about a neighbor,co-worker,friend,church member,pastor or just someone in a store or on the street. I have there was a young lady at WalMart one day that had on some really short shorts, now I saw this just a week ago we had one of those warm days I believe the temperature was around 70 degrees. Anyway I made the comment that she really did not need to be wearing something that short and this was really still winter. Ouch see I am no better than those women who talked about the Samaritan woman. To categorize it I was a mean woman and I had categorize her as being a bad girl.



You see those other women looked at how she lived her life,not taking the time to really get to know her. Jesus saw the Samaritan woman as being thirsty so instead of condemning her for her obvious sins Jesus offered her Living Water.



"but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14 (NKJV)



So who is the "real" Samaritan woman? It's me and its you we are all "ex" bad girls-thirsty women.


The next time you come across a young woman or an older woman who seems like their not living a life that would be pleasing to God. Give them a drink of the Living Water.







3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    I love this. Instead of serving judgment, serve water. I am asking God to plant this in my heart. When I see those kind of things I want my immediate reaction to be one of offering the refreshing love of Jesus. This really spoke to me. Thanks, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful message Stephanie of truth! One that needs to be absorbed in all of our hearts as reminders of how to SHOW CHRIST and REFLECT CHRIST.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie, just stopped back over to say hi and see how you are doing?

    God bless you sister.

    ReplyDelete

Living a FIT Life