Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Precious Granddaughters

I had the opportunity to hear one of my granddaughters say her prayers last night. Aaliyah spent the night with me and so before she went to sleep I asked her did you say your prayers. Of course she answered no and then she began to say:

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my Soul to take
God bless everyone and I love everyone
Amen Amen and Amen, Thank you Jesus

Now my granddaughter is 7 years old,she touched my heart at the end when she ask God to bless everyone an that she loves everyone and then she thanked him. It makes me feel good because I know that when she is in church she is listening to what the preacher is saying and paying attention to when we pray at church and when I am praying at home.

I did some research today on this prayer and I notice that their are several different versions, that was interesting to me. I had though about teaching her one of those but I think I will just let her say her prayer her way. I am sure it delights God when little children send a prayer up to him. I am now letting her know that she can pray to God all day, when she feels sad, sick or just want to ask the Lord for something or just think him for what he is doing in her life and others.

My 4 year old granddaughter T'naeja asked me one day when we were leaving church where does God sleep. She has heard us say that this is God's house so she was wondering that since this is his house where is his bed. I had to chuckle because I did find humour in this especially coming from a 4 year old. I explained to her that he does not require sleep because he does not have a physical body like ours. He does not get tired nor does he eat. She then asked me how many God's were there. I explained to her that there is only 1 God and he goes by many names. I guess she understood because she did not ask anymore questions.

I wanted to share this today because in the hearts of the little children they have questions that we as adults probably never think about. Like this one where does he sleep? It is so amazing to know that he is available for us 24/7 -365 days of the year. He rest but not sleep and I believe when he rest that means that he just stops doing something but not rest like us.

PSALM 121:3-4 (NKJV)
He will not allow your foot to be moved:
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold,He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    What a great story from a child's heart. She wanted to see God's bedroom. How sweet she wants to know more about the Lord. I have a feeling you will plant lots in her heart. Blessing to you. Love you Be signs ;) B

    ReplyDelete

Living a FIT Life