Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jesus Is All The World To Me

This morning the Lord woke me up with the hymn Jesus Is All The World To Me. I do not quite understand why He keeps putting the old hymns in my spirit. Maybe it is because when you hear these old hymns they touch the depths of your soul. As I laid in bed with this song playing in my mind it gave me such eternal peace.


Proverbs 18:24
A man who has friends must himself be friendly. But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Jesus is all the world to me, my life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day, without Him I would fall.
When I am sad, to Him I go, no other one can cheer me so;
When I am sad, He makes me glad, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, my Friend in trials sore;
I go to Him for blessings, and He gives them over and o’er.
He sends the sunshine and the rain, He sends the harvest’s golden grain;
Sunshine and rain, harvest of grain, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, and true to Him I’ll be;
O how could I this Friend deny, when He’s so true to me?
Following Him I know I’m right, He watches o’er me day and night;
Following Him by day and night, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, I want no better Friend;
I trust Him now, I’ll trust Him when life’s fleeting days shall end.
Beautiful life with such a Friend, beautiful life that has no end;
Eternal life, eternal joy, He’s my Friend.

I pray my Dear Sistahs that this song gives someone some comfort today and the days to come through whatever circumstances that are being a challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I love it that the Lord put a song in your heart. He has called you friend. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old hymns also....Alan Jackson has a CD that I am just crazy about with all the old hymns on them...I just sing along as loud as I can.....if no one is listening....
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your posting of Will Thompson's fine gospel song, "Jesus Is All the World to Me." Today is the 162nd anniversary of Mr. Thompson's birth. He also wrote the song of invitation, "Softly and Tenderly Jesus Is Calling."

    Since you enjoy the old hymns, I invite you to check out my daily blog, Wordwise Hymns, where I give the history of the songs and their authors.

    ReplyDelete

Living a FIT Life