Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wilted Soul

Yesterday I had left one of my plants out in the sun and so when I returned home this is what I found. My flowers were wilted and limp.




So I immediately put the flowers in the shade and gave them water. Within minutes they were back to normal.



It made me think about my life how wilted and limp I was until I fully gave my life to Christ.



In Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you continually,

And satisfy your soul in drought,

And strengthen your bones;

You shall be like a watered garden,

And like a spring of water,whose waters do not fail.



Before we found the Lord we were wilted,limp,dry,thirsty,hungry and slowly dying. Oh,but when we finally recognized that it was God knocking at the door and we answered it and let him come in he made us refreshed and renewed.



So the next time you come across some wilted flowers,let them be a reminder to you how you looked before you opened your heart and let God enter in.

5 comments:

  1. This is SO true: "It made me think about my life how wilted and limp I was until I fully gave my life to Christ."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great analogy. I feel for plants that need watering. I have to water them even if I am at somebody's house. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LVOE the lessons we learn from nature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came back over to say I have a giveaway going...you may already know on my Fit blog. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie,
    I love this scripture as well, one day I remember having a plant that needed watering everyday and it was right out my front door. The mornings I was running late and could not water it, was a sight to see when I came home to that droopy plant lol. It also reminded me of how we are as well. Love this post my sistah.

    Hugz Lorie

    ReplyDelete

Living a FIT Life