Monday, June 8, 2009

God Makes No Mistakes

This past week I attended a funeral for a 5 month old baby boy named Geron Hall. His parents found him in the bed unresponsive. After many attempts to revive him by grandparents and paramedics he passed away. This child enter this world on December 19th with his twin sister Gerionna. For the 5 months of his life he was very ill,unable to keep formula down in which the doctors changed on several occasions. His parents who are young couldn't understand why this happened to them. I got a chance to talk with them and explain to them that God gave them 5 months with this child to Love and Nurture,but it was time for him to return back to his Heavenly Father. He is laying in the arms of our Heavenly Father now not sick anymore. I had to explain to them that if as long as they live their life according to His word that they will see their little Geron Hall again. At the cemetery I was holding Gerionna and just looking at her I couldn't help myself to wonder if some way did she have a sense that her twin brother was no longer with us here. I believe she does because they would sleep facing each other and I was told that sometimes they would be holding hands. That lets me know that she knows that he is not with her in the flesh but that he is with her in spirit. How Precious.

This past Tuesday we lost one of our Senior members at our church. Sistah Jean Stephens who has been battling cancer for sometime. Some years ago she went into remission,but about 8 months ago it came back. This was truly a woman of God,even through her chemo and discomfort with pain she always had a smile. She had not been able to attend church since December in which the last time she was at church was when I graduated form my Purpose En Route to Destiny class. When she came to that she was on oxygen then and very weak. I am sure that when the doctors told her that they had to take her off the chemo because there was nothing else they could do for her I imagine she told them that it is in God's hands and that it is well with my Soul.

I have learned alot from her. I always enjoyed listening to her testimonies on Sunday oh how blessed she was. She will be missed,but again God doesn't make a mistake. I believe that he came to her on Tuesday morning and whispered in ear and said You fought a good fight and you continued to stand on my promises never once did you doubt me. For this it is time to come home now your work is done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living a FIT Life