Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Talent (Chapter 4)

This morning as I had my quiet time with the Lord he spoke these words to me."You have a special talent that I have given you and you are just letting it go dormant". Now I have been unemployed since September and for the most part I really haven't been spending my every waking moment looking for a job. So, before I had my quiet time with Lord this morning I was pondering on a job. I had asked my mother about maybe I would look into being a bus aide. Her remark was that since they have been cutting back she didn't think they would be hiring. Okay,so back to the drawing board on a search for a job.

Now I have been conversing with the Lord and he tells me that I have just been sitting on a talent that he gave me. At first I was like no I don't think so,and then he said "you can sew can't you",all I could say was yes Lord I can but I have not sewn for quite a long time. It doesn't matter how long its been the talent is still there.

So, I have put my plan in motion,I was reminded of a sermon one of our Assistant ministers preached. He had spoke on not to think little but think big. I told my mom that I am going to be an entrepreneur. I have already started writing down my plans I am going to make some items and sell them at my mothers garage sale,then I am going to rent a booth and sell some items there,get me some business cards printed up and from there the sky's the limit. (Philippians 4:13) I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. God said it and I am going to do it.

Before I truly had opened my heart to the Lord, I never knew that when things would come to me I would always say something told me. Now I know that God had always been talking to me I just was so preoccupied in doing my own thing that I never realized it.

I am so grateful to be in the position that I am in now with the Lord. To know that there is nothing that we as Christians cannot accomplish as long as we trust and have faith in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living a FIT Life