Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A brief moment in the past (Chapter 1)

Wow, I do not know where to start my journey so far has been very eventful(PRAISE GOD).

I have always been a women who attended church pretty regular. Like most of you I was raised in going to Sunday School and Church. Of course as I got older and was able to make decisions on my own I did not attend that regular. So the paths that I chose to take were not those that God had paved for me. I had a bad marriage one that I had to endure verbal and physical abuse again this was a choice I made. Now I know what the word uneven yoke is all about. I and my 4 children attend church not on a regular basis but we did go. At times is was very hard because when we would return home from church I was always greeted by the enemy. Sometimes I felt like what is the use whatever I got out of the message and the fellowship with the saints has diminished now. One day I had finally had enough of this lifestyle and made the decision to get out of this marriage. That is exactly what I did.

I started this post with my broken marriage so that as the other post are read this might be a blessing for someone else who is are have gone through something similar if not the same. To know that there is a life for you that is far better than the one you have now.

I have come to understand exactly what is meant by the Scripture Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,to those who are the called according to His purpose". Now that I know what purpose God has for me,I am able to understand that all the trials and tribulations that I went through in my life was to get me to this season. Every obstacle that I have had to face was hard but now I can help someone who is going through what I had to endure. We need to know that as we continue on our journeys that God has paved for us we will have to go through somethings in order to do His will. Lets say for instance someone comes up to you who is dealing with something and this thing has pretty much exhausted them. So they come to you for some guidance. I feel that instead of saying to them I can only imagine what you are going through, you tell them I know what you going through and I am here to tell you that God will get you through it I am a living testimony that he will

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back Stephanie and back with a renewed strength in God!

    You are right on target in this post. I enjoy your posts.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Living a FIT Life